Anyone who knows me will also know that I am all about lists and schedules and routines and agendas and ahhhh! It's enough to drive a person crazy! But with our life getting as busy as it is I'm more convinced that if I don't stick with some sort of schedule I will be swallowed up in chaos. It's the start of the second full week of school and with it comes the second week of our new after school schedule. (Schedules are something that I try and then it fails and then I try again and it fails again but yet I try again.) Last week was absolutely horrible. My kids do not give up without a huge fight so I wasn't really happy at the start of a new week. I told Adam to start piano and Clarissa was called over for homework, they both complained. I took a deep breath. But Adam began playing, Clarissa sat to do her homework, and Molly, get this, actually sat down for blanket time! All was peaceful and calm and lovely! When Adam finished piano, he put his book away and had Clarissa's book all set up for her and he began his homework. Clarissa volunteered to pick up Molly's blanket time toys. And they are now all enjoying their free time. What I would give for everyday to be so wonderful as this. But alas, tomorrow is a new day and I may be pulling my hair out again and speaking in an unnatural volume. Wait! I'm enjoying today. Today is a very good day!
Monday, August 31, 2009
I'm going to faint from Shock!
Anyone who knows me will also know that I am all about lists and schedules and routines and agendas and ahhhh! It's enough to drive a person crazy! But with our life getting as busy as it is I'm more convinced that if I don't stick with some sort of schedule I will be swallowed up in chaos. It's the start of the second full week of school and with it comes the second week of our new after school schedule. (Schedules are something that I try and then it fails and then I try again and it fails again but yet I try again.) Last week was absolutely horrible. My kids do not give up without a huge fight so I wasn't really happy at the start of a new week. I told Adam to start piano and Clarissa was called over for homework, they both complained. I took a deep breath. But Adam began playing, Clarissa sat to do her homework, and Molly, get this, actually sat down for blanket time! All was peaceful and calm and lovely! When Adam finished piano, he put his book away and had Clarissa's book all set up for her and he began his homework. Clarissa volunteered to pick up Molly's blanket time toys. And they are now all enjoying their free time. What I would give for everyday to be so wonderful as this. But alas, tomorrow is a new day and I may be pulling my hair out again and speaking in an unnatural volume. Wait! I'm enjoying today. Today is a very good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment