Sunday, October 5, 2008

Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice

Every six months our church holds a General Conference where we are able to hear from the Lord's prophet and apostles. We learn how the Lord wants to direct His church. Most of the time the kids and I head to the chapel and sit for the entire conference. (12pm-2pm and then 4pm-6pm) As you can imagine, it makes for a very long and exhausting day. Well this year we were able to enjoy the conference from the comfort of home. Not our home, but the home of our dear friends, the Lykins. Thank you for having the BYU channel. I really enjoyed your company and giving the kids a chance to be surrounded by the voices of these great leaders in a positive setting.

Clarissa, Corrie, and McKenna mostly colored. Corrie was responsible for keeping the primary activity up to date. Thank you very much! (They had to color in blank ties matching the speaker on their worksheet with what they wore during their message.)


I'm not sure what sort of game this was but it kept Adam and Peyton occupied most of the time. (Don't you just love Adam's dress pants and sandals look? Something he most definitely could only wear to a friend's house and not the chapel.)


Sawyer and Eli played with the cars and fought over lego figures. The little dears fell asleep for naps during the second session.


Molly tried her best to keep herself occupied but it wasn't always easy. I did capture this moment though when she pulled the chair out and sat down quietly. She didn't have much of a choice during the second session. I put her in the pack and play to let her sleep.

I was very grateful for my friend Jenny but also for the chance to sit and take in what was being taught to us. There were many great messages that I really needed to hear. I know as I take their messages to heart and try to make positive changes in my life I will become a better person.

3 comments:

TotallyContent said...

Glad you could come over, it broke up the monotony of it being just the kids and I.

Abby said...

VERY LUCKY to have a pal with the BYU Channel! I'm an internet watcher myself, so don't get it quite in "real time" but close. Give the kids some crafts to do around me, and we all listen & watch around my computer. NOT the perfect answer, but otherwise the kids wouldn't get any of general conference cause you know I'd be suicidal or something to take all of them to the stake center for all those blocks when we can barely pull off a sacrament meeting reverently. kwim??

Okie Bloxhams said...

what a fun time!! We ahd to do the internet thing but at least there is that option now. it was a wonderful conference. your kids are so cute and growing up too fast!