Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Clarissa's "Recital"

The morning of Adam's birthday, Clarissa had her dance rehearsal. I wasn't too happy about it. We had all sorts of plans made for that day that had to be changed because of it. And I wasn't real thrilled with this dance academy to begin with because they scheduled her dance recital on a Sunday. (What is it with Columbia people not resting on the Sabbath?! First Adam's team scheduling practices on Sunday and now this!) Well, I decided to not have her participate in the recital. Instead we made her rehearsal feel like the recital. She got all dressed up with her make up on. She was able to go up on stage and dance like a pretty princess and we applauded her. Orginally I was going to have us all dress up and go out to dinner and present her with flowers; the whole bit. But seeing as we had to rush to get Adam's cake and finish cleaning up the house we didn't get to do any of it. These things were mostly for me though. She never knew the difference and really enjoyed herself. Now, if I could just figure out how to upload the video from our camcorder, you could all see just how lovely she was. Help Todd!

1 comment:

TotallyContent said...

She looks so cute and grown up!