So it's a couple of days after the fact but the sentiments are still with me. I have been feeling really grumpy the past couple of weeks so I haven't been in the mood to update the blogsite. But I still want all the mommies to know just how special you are to me. I am able to look back through the years and really see how moms of all sorts have helped me along the way. My own mother, of course being, the biggest influence in my life. The family will tease me because I really don't remember too much about my childhood but every once in awhile something will come out of my mouth to say to my kids and a memory comes rushing back. Oh yeah, that was an important lesson my mom taught me. Thanks, Mom! My sister is another mom that shows me a lot. She is the queen of reverse psychology. I only wish I was as quick on my feet as she is. I often think Clarissa would be better off with her Aunt Kim because she always knows just what to do or say to get Clarissa to comply. And although there are many mothers through all the years that have helped me along the way I would like to extend a special thank you to a few of them. (I'm remembering them in the order of the places we have lived.)
Mary, thank you for showing me the importance of keeping organized. Even if no one respects your methods. (OH)
Maureen, thank you for showing me that big families are fun! I wish my family was doubled in size because of yours! (OH)
Jennifer, thank you for helping me know that motherhood is a joy. Watching you begin your family help to give me the mommy bug. (IL)
Abby K, thank you for being the first one to show me how I can do all my church stuff alone with the kids. (KY)
Amy, thank you for showing me how to speak softly. I'm still working on it though. (KY)
Suzanne, thank you for giving me some of the best advice I've ever received. "Keep it positive!" I'm still working on that one too, but I'm getting better at it! (HI)
Ale, thank you for showing me how easy it is to truly love all children. I know that is what inspires me as I hold my Nursery calling. (HI)
Kari, thank you for showing me that discipline is love. (HI)
Kim K, thank you for showing me that kids are naturally boisterous and enjoyable to watch that way. (NY)
Kelly, thank you for showing me that there is a process that is learned and has to begin right now. And that progress is a steady pace we make for ourselves. (NY)
Ann, thank you for showing me how much fun it is to get crazy with my kids. (NY)
Jennifer B, thank you for showing me how important it is to be flexible. (NY)
Jenny, thank you for teaching me how natural our children's annoyances really are. It makes teaching them a better way a lot easier from that point of view. (SC)
One thing I do not want to neglect mentioning as well. A special thanks goes to my mother-in-law. She works very hard to take care of her ill mother showing me just how important it is to love through the most difficult of times.
I often comment on how I always learn a valuable lesson every place we move. Perhaps we'll stop moving around so much once I am able to get it right : )
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Lots of love for you, girl!! Enjoy every chaotic moment of every day.....and every single second of blissful silence after the kids are in bed for the night. ;-D
That was cute...although I'll admit, I skipped straight to Jenny's (I guessed she'd be the one you'd learned the lesson from b/c I look to her for my local lessons too!)
Teresa, I'll sure miss you when I leave - thank goodness for modern technology that makes staying in touch so easy. Happy Mother's Day!!
And while I'm at it - I have always been impressed by your ability to help others. You always offer to help those around you in one way or another without any thought to what sacrifices you might have to make in order to be of service. Thanks for showing me how to truly love our fellow men. And thanks for being the BEST Visiting Teaching companion I HAVE EVER HAD. I'll sure miss ya!
Thank you so much for mentioning me. You have taught me so many things about being a mom as well. We can't wait to see you guys this summer.
Post a Comment