
So it was Valentine's Day. I was away all the day before and was extremely tired. I really didn't want to get up and get ready for church but you know... you just gotta go. So I get up at the last possible moment. And wouldn't you know, as soon as I tell the kids to wake up and get ready for church they complain. (They complain every Sunday) Thanks for the love y'all! Whatever, I shake it off and just get ready. I was completely prepared to take the kids in their pjs if necessary. Well, they got ready just in the nick of time. Then of course when we get to the church they decide to stomp around in snow in their nice clothes, ignoring the three times I told them to get out. So I sent them back to the van and sat down on the sofa in the foyer. Todd was right behind us in his car. I called him to let him know the kids are in the van and that he should get them out when he gets to the church. Oh, it gets better! Adam of all people decides to misbehave and has to be constrained and eventually taken out to the hall. Really?! I thought I was going to explode. Then Molly has a major tantrum and won't go to primary. Todd has to stay with her for the first hour until she settles down. By the time I got home, I just wanted to be by myself. Apparently during this time apart, the kids made little pictures and cards for me. They wanted their Valentine gifts. I explained to Adam that gifts are nice and I do appreciate the time and effort that goes into them. But love also has to be those daily acts of kindness and respect. It has to be shown through cheerful obedience knowing that I'm trying my best to do what is right for them. He was truly apologetic after that. So I told them if we could make it through dinner without them fighting with each other and with them listening and obeying me then we could exchange our gifts. Maybe a difficult day but it ended just how it should.
No comments:
Post a Comment