It is the first weekend of December and whenever possible, that is when we decorate our tree. For the past few years we have been getting real trees. This year we broke down and got an artificial tree. But I hung up a Scentsy Christmas Tree car candle and it smells just like the real deal. I was sort of forced into getting an artificial tree. Apparently the recycling truck doesn't pick up real trees from the curb in our neighborhood. You actually have to take it to a special center to recycle your tree. I kept driving by the place but kept forgetting to load the tree in the van to take it there. Needless to say we have been storing the tree in our backyard for the entire year. I'm waiting for this year's recycling program to start up again so I can take it in. (I guess I am very serious about my recycling.) Anyhow, I didn't want to take another chance at missing the deadline again. I'd really hate to end up with two dying trees in our backyard. I even packed the thing and moved it to our new house, can you believe it! (Todd just shakes his head at me.) But I'm very excited about this tree. It is a black Friday find. We were still in Ohio and Todd found this deal from Home Depot. It's a $200 tree on sale for $49! I woke up at 6am (which I hated because it felt like a school day) and drove to the store, which opened at 6am. I get there at 6:20 and the only tree left is the display. Well, it's ours now thank you very much. I was able to get back to Dad's and lay back down before anyone else got up for the day. It was a really great find. Thanks honey!

Miss Molly loved decorating the tree. Here she asked Todd to take her picture, the little cutie.

3 comments:
Wonderful find! We love having an artificial tree. Either I have a defective nose or we never spent enough to get a really good real tree...I don't recall having a particularly strong "real tree scent" with the real trees and so I didn't miss it one bit with the fake tree. Plus, it is so much easier to decorate when you can re-arrange the branches and turn them up a little bit to keep the ornament from falling (and it's prelit!).
Beautiful tree! How tall is it?
It's 7.5
Post a Comment