
At the end of the season, the Little League gave each child a free ticket to a local baseball game. And so Adam and I went. I remember going to a minors game with Kim years ago. I think Adam was a baby then. Maybe he wasn't even around yet. The details are a bit foggy. But at that time it wasn't really that interesting to me. Kim and I just talked mostly. But I tell you what, now that we have a baseball star in the family, the game takes on a whole new meaning. I was constantly amazed at just how fast those guys can throw that ball. And the distance! Goodness! At one time the center fieldman threw the ball in to home plate to try and get the runner out. It didn't work but still, just the fact he could actually make it there was too amazing. Adam was in the middle of his pitching camp so we had fun watching the different pitchers, their styles, and how they mess up. Especially ours because the other team got two homeruns from us! It was a late night but extremely enjoyable. Oh but the best part was when the coach started yelling at the umpire. Apparently a runner can't advance in certain situations. Rules I don't quite know yet. But Adam was embarrassed by my snapping pictures of the scene. I had to explain that these are things you see in the movies and to capture it in real life is quite a treat. Parents were relieved to see the coach and ump shake hands in the end and fix the situation, sending the runner back to first. Although the next guy up to bat hit a home run and brought him in anyhow. I guess he got his comeuppance for being such a baby : ) I plan to take him out to the ballgame again. But note to self, don't forget your wallet. It just so happened that I had four measley dollars to my name with me. Just enough to get me into the game but not enough to get the peanuts and soda that you should really get when you're at a game.


No comments:
Post a Comment