Sunday, June 28, 2009

School's Out for Summer!


I'm not sure who's more excited about the summer: me or the kids! I love that I don't have to wake up early each morning to get everyone ready for school. They love not having to go anywhere. They have been sleeping in until 9am, sometimes longer. It's great! I've even read four books already. Anyhow, the school year ended rather well. We are simply glad it's over for Clarissa. It feels comforting to know that we are able to move forward and not deal with her teacher any longer. (Although it was nice that she was actually speaking to me by the end of the year.) Unfortunately there are some setbacks that I have to work through this summer. Mainly she doesn't seem to have the confidence she once had. She doesn't think of herself as someone who is capable of doing good and independent work. I'm trying to give her opportunities to help her see just how great she is. Adam had his best year yet. I think Kindergarten was the last time he has shown such great promise : ) He finished the year with an A average and received an award for that. He was quite pleased. He had the best teacher ever so we will definitely miss her a great deal. But I have come to know some of the fourth grade teachers and I really like them. (I haven't met the first grade teachers but had been impressed by them when I had seen them in the hallways.) I am hoping that I will have the chance to redeem myself with the administrators with this new year. Molly isn't pictured here but she also finished her school year well. They had some fun celebrations but it conflicted with Clarissa's "graduation" so I'll have to catch her next year. (She's signed up for the same exact class : ) Her teachers were proud of how well she has grown and developed. And whenever we go to the YMCA she still recognizes her little friends and will call them by name to say hi to them. It's always adorable to watch little two year olds hold a conversation. I love it! We are so ready for the summer!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: