http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1321419597?bctid=16959983001
Saturday, July 11, 2009
For those of you who have been to our house and have seen the amazing growing mountain of clutter that collects at my computer nook behind the couch: It Can Be Clean!! I'll let you know how many days it stays like this. Todd is betting on less than a week : ) I should have taken a before picture but I would have been too embarrassed : / I cleaned out every drawer and organized it. You can even see the labels from my new label maker. (You got that for me Dad!) I was able to go through all the art and other keep worthy school papers from the kids and filed them nicely away near my messy scrapbook table. (I mainly relocate my clutter from one area to another, never really eliminating the burden.) Although when the job was finished I had two (walmart) bags of paper to be recycled and one bag of trash; always a good thing. What motivated me to finally get this done? Well, the kids kept coming over to me while I was on the computer and I was tired of them trampling all over everything. Something was going to get ruined for sure. I wouldn't have known what because I couldnt' even remember what all I had there anymore. But also, I just finished watching my recording of Clean House's Messiest Home in America. A woman from Cincinnatti won that honor. It was truly the messiest thing I have ever seen. She had a basement. You could walk down the stairs but the clutter went all the way up to the ceiling, wall to wall mind you! The show rented a 7,000 square foot space of what was a closed down department store. She had that entire space filled with things she was trying to keep in her house. (And still denying that she had a shopping problem.) It was their best yard sale yet. They raised over $15,000 for her charity!! Now I knew my house would never get that bad but my little office space didn't not look much better than that basement. It was just the motivation I needed. Check out their audition video! I just wish they had shown the basement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It looks great Teresa! You can keep it clean way longer than Todd thinks. ;)
Post a Comment