Saturday, July 11, 2009
July 4th- Gettysburg
Everything we did was really leading up to this day right here. We wanted to watch a couple of the re-enactments that they have near the Gettysburg Historical Park. The only thing is that we had no idea just how big the park was. We really could have spent another entire day there still exploring the visitor's center and battlefields. I know that I would like to go back again to see what we missed this time. The kids weren't all that thrilled about the re-enactments though. We were directly behind the cannons. I thought it was really cool. And Molly commented on how the cannons went BOOM! (I was thrilled that she wasn't scared at all.) Adam thought it was just too loud and sat in his chair. And Clarissa walked around searching for more bugs. If you enjoy history then you will definitely enjoy this. I found it to be exciting to watch. I was also amused by the "celebrity" status for those in costume. They would walk around talking in character, collecting prisoners of war, performing music, and selling their goods. They are very serious about their hobby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Someday I would love to go there. How cool and what a great experience to be there on the 4th of July.
Post a Comment