Saturday, July 11, 2009
July 2nd- Antietam
So we finally get to where we're going and the kids have a chance to get out of the van and run around. I never would have thought that visiting battlefields would have been so enjoyable for the kids. But as it turns out, it is a lot of fun. Of course they didn't share the same enthusiasm for the sites as much as Todd did. The highlight for them was finding the little frog in the grass. They of course fought over who was going to hold it; that's always so much fun to be around. Todd was able to share a lot of information with us about this site. I was glad to have the chance to stand there and see where it all happened. It was sobering to think about the losses suffered there. Adam entertained the thought of what if the south had won? Oh dear!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Cute pictures of the kids. I think I would have been an emotional wreck too.
You're kids look so cute. I love the photo montage. Jon really enjoyed his time at Gettysburg and the surrounding area too after he's studied it so much over the years. The loss of life in such a short time is overwhelming. I think your kids will remember this. What a neat experience even if the frog was more interesting for the moment. :-)
Post a Comment