Sunday, November 8, 2009

Candy Stashes

Self Control is such a hard thing to learn. As an adult I don't always stop myself from eating just one more piece of chocolatey goodness. I have a feeling this is going to be a particularly difficult concept for Adam to learn. Not that Clarissa doesn't do her fair share of sneaking around. It's just that Adam's appetite is much bigger. Of course I'm worried because how well he learns to handle these smaller situations will eventually be the tools that will guide him through avoiding bigger temptations he will face as a teenager. Pray for him. But until then, it's just candy and we'll keep practicing how to control our behavior. The majority of the candy has been thrown in the trash. I did keep enough and have put it away in a bag. And just so they can practice some amount of control, I've put enough candy for them to have just one piece a day in a bowl that is always sitting out. It should also show him to be honest with others so that they'll be honest with him. Oh yeah, it's going to fail. I'll probably hear complaints until the candy runs out. But hey, success sometimes isn't seen until they are all grown up. (I just hate waiting that long.)


I found this in Adam's room when I went in to pack up toys. In between the bed and the wall!

I found this inside the recliner cushions. After I had just found the wrappers in Adam's room.

I found this a week later inside the couch cushions. We just had a FHE lesson on sneaking. We had arrangements for every one piece of candy they would sneak I would take 5 pieces of candy from their bags. I did catch them a few times during the week and I took the good stuff too. But I guess there are quite a few other times I just didn't know about...until now. Our lies will always catch up to us, won't they?

No comments: