Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Molly

Well, I've been seeing it coming for about a month now. I've been bracing myself for it. And on the actual day it was full blown and out of control. It's that lovely three year attitude that I absolutely hate. I just take a lot of cleansing breaths. (Not enough though) And I remind myself that this slow and dreadful year will come to in end. Some of the fun we have is described as such:
  • Clarissa is sitting nicely on the couch. Molly decides she wants that very same spot, gets in behind her and then yells at Clarissa for not being able to see the TV.
  • Olivia was at a soccer game with us but didn't have a jacket. I took mine off to put on Olivia and Molly decides she wants the jacket too, even though she is well dressed.
  • Adam or Clarissa have a toy and she decides she must have it too.
  • Making a meal for her is impossible because she'll ask for one thing, you take it to her just so she'll throw a fit and say it isn't what she wants.
  • Getting out of the door takes about 15 minutes because she has to sanitize her hands, then check the basket for keys, check to see if I have my glasses, try to take about 100 different toys with her, oh and don't forget a snack.
  • Tantrums over the no eating or drinking in the car rule.

I've had a little discussion with Adam and Clarissa about how she will go out of her way to create tension for herself and for others. It will now be their job not to create any. Let her be the only one causing trouble and mom will stay sane. Otherwise, they will never get to see the outside of their bedrooms again!

But, on a more positive note, Molly had a really nice birthday. We met for lunch with some of her friends and played with them. Then I took her to Walmart where she picked out a pink cake that was decorated with a tiara and princess wand. All afternoon she fussed about not being able to eat the cake until Daddy come home from work. She decided she didn't want Adam, Clarissa, or Daddy at her birthday because of the whole cake issue. We took her to McDonald's for dinner and played at the indoor play place. We then went home for her to open gifts and finally eat some cake and ice cream. Well worth the wait I'm sure.

The next day was too funny. As soon as she woke up she wanted cake with a candle in it. In fact, I've given her a small piece of cake and lit a candle for her to blow out several times during this past week. I think that might be her favorite part. And so you see that there are still precious moments that make Molly so lovely. But just be warned. She's not necessarily my favorite anymore : )

No comments: