Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Great Ice Storm of 2010

It shall go down in history, that January of 2010, when Columbia suffered the great ice storm.

I suppose I shouldn't kid too much because I've heard that some places lost their electricity. And well, earlier in the month our pipes busted twice. (The second time we had even insulated the pipes to try to prevent it.) It has been very cold for this region and I'm so tired of my frozen hands because we can't keep the downstairs of our house very warm. But the last two days have been amazingly beautiful. It has been a few years since we've been able to see the trees sparkling in the sunlight. The kids and I enjoyed our drive to church and back as the skyline glittered. But I'm still the same Teresa. I want the spring to come right now. I don't like the cold, no matter how lovely it is. I can enjoy the photography of it all : )

No comments: