I was excited about our trip to Ohio for Thanksgiving. It had been awhile since we had seen everyone. I had been driving for some time and Todd decided to take over for a bit. I welcomed the rest. I sat back, had my iPod going and my eyes closed when all of a sudden a felt and heard a thump! I was certain that "Tailgating Todd" managed to hit someone and all the years of him holding his military safe driving awards over my head were finally over. Luckily, he didn't hit another vehicle. And no one obviously was hurt. There was a deer that jumped out of nowhere. His safe driving awards actually were very helpful. He was able to maintain total control of the van during the whole incident. I probably would have panicked, swerved all over the place, and therefore smacking into another vehicle. We were just 40 minutes or so away from my Dad's house so he and Uncle Jim drove out to pick us up. Our van was towed to a place near Dad's house where we hoped they would be able to fix it up before we had to leave. But who were we kidding! It was Thanksgiving, of course it wouldn't be repaired in time. USAA has wonderful coverage so we were able to rent another van to use until ours would be ready.

The best part of Thanksgiving was getting together with the cousins. The girls found plenty to do to occupy their time. They even locked themselves up in Papa's shed. Abby "saved" the day by breaking the window and climbing out to get help. Only, the door was just stuck. They were so frightened by the experience we couldn't help but chuckle.

Adam has never been the same since our visit. Isaac brought his Wii system along. These boys only moved from this spot to eat. And well, probably for bathroom breaks too. But I'm sure they would have been willing to wear a diaper if they could. After this trip he wouldn't stop asking for a Wii. He would tell us that he was d
wiihydrated and really needed to go back to play some more. Honestly!

Another big highlight was seeing Uncle Robbie. Clarissa is his little skittle so she snuggled with him the entire time he was at the house. I think he liked it too : )

Robbie's friend Jaime recently had a new baby boy. He is so lovely! This was my big dessert. I loved holding him so much. I can't wait to see him again.
1 comment:
The van picture is YUCK! Glad it's all repaired now and back in SC with you. And glad the family was okay during the accident.
Post a Comment