Sunday, April 4, 2010
General Conference
I do love General Conference but I don't love the interference with Easter. Some of my favorite memories are from Easter. My mom would make matching dresses for my sister and me. (Same pattern, same print, different color) We had the adorable gloves, the hat, the purse, and the new shiny white shoes and ruffle socks. We would walk to our church for service and have Easter egg hunts and wonderful goodie baskets. I loved it all! We did most of that today, except go to church. Todd was very diligent in getting the conference from the internet up on our big TV. The sound was a little off but it was nice to be able to sit at home and listen to our leaders' messages. The kids had a packet of activities to complete while they listened. Adam was very good at staying on task, so proud of him! The prophet always speaks at the end so we gathered together to listen to his final words. It was so nice to have everything so perfectly quiet during that time. (Of course Molly sleeping might have had something to do with that too : ) I asked what their favorite part of President Monson's message was. Clarissa quickly replied that she liked it when he said that he loved her and when he said that Heavenly Father hears her prayers. Adam liked how he complimented those who were recently released from their callings for all of their hard work. And I took to heart his hope that the messages of this day would find expression in all we do at home. It was a very nice conference. You can listen too at http://www.lds.org/

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love Conference too. I love having no responsibilities that day except to be together as a family and fill my bucket. You are a good mom Teresa. :-)
Post a Comment