
Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed trying to keep the house organized and neat. My life just feels so much better when things are put in their proper places. We are constantly rushing to one commitment or another that it is such a hassle to look for something. Most of the time it's looking for the kid's something so we can take them to a kid's activity. Why am I running around doing all the work? Well, not anymore. I have put a lot more responsibility on the kids (that would be Adam and Clarissa) and to make their job easier, I have taken away a lot of their possessions. I reassured them that they are simply packed away ready for the move. They are welcomed to switch out what they currently have for something else whenever they want. This has made all the difference in my life. I created a new system of clean for them so that it can be done quick and easy. I have even signed Adam up for a prepaid card with the bank to put allowance on it. All he has to do is show some responsibility and he'll be getting paid (or charged) for whatever he chooses to do. But can you believe the work it required to get there? This hot mess is from me deciding to take everything out of Adam's room and starting all over again. I spent 4 - 4 1/2 hours giving his room a fresh new start. And then I started watching "Hoarding: Buried Alive" to help me learn how best to help this boy from becoming a hoarder some day. Pray for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment