Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Adam!


I had a lot of fun preparing for Adam's big birthday. He is now two digits for goodness sakes! I'm not sure how the time flies by so quickly. I'll admit that it wasn't anything spectacular. But that wasn't my goal. All I wanted was to let him know how special he is to our family and how much fun he is. We all wanted him to have a great time. So while he was away at school I decorated the room for his party. Two boys were coming home with him for a sleepover. (Two more were to show up later.) I even had a big Happy Birthday sign for him hanging in the van for him to see when I picked him up from school. He really loved that! He wanted to have a Star Wars Legos theme. He received some really great Star Wars sets from Aunt Kim and Abby which he shared with the four other boys. They had a great time rotating around. First they'd play with the Legos. Then they'd play on the drums. Next they'd go jump on the trampoline. Finally they'd go out with the light sabers and beat up on each other. I think only one boy actually fell asleep that night. The rest stayed up the entire night. Or at least that's how it appeared when I woke up and made the last check up at 4am! When Molly demanded breakfast at 7:30, there were then two boys asleep. I really don't think Adam slept at all. And the crazy thing is that he had a terrible time falling asleep that next night. I think he was up until 11pm and then had to go to church. Bottom line, he said he had a really great time. He was thrilled to have a sleepover. That made me happiest of all. (But if you ever decide to have sleepovers for your kids in the future let me give you one piece of advice: have a pickup time for the next morning. : )


No comments: