Friday, November 5
Molly and I went to a nearby shopping center. (A reference for some of you: It's set up like Easton or Sandhills) We enjoyed an ice cream cone. Then we went shopping for new clothes. She loved picking out what she liked and trying them on. There were fun rides along the walk and of course we stopped to ride a couple. But her favorite was definitely the trolley ride. She had been begging to ride the trolley for months so it was the perfect time to take her on a ride. After a quick lunch at McDonalds we picked up the ice cream cake she had chosen. Later than night we were at the school for their movie night watching Toy Story 3, one of her current favorites.
The birthday fun continued when Daddy took her out for yet another ice cream cone : ) Meanwhile back at home Clarissa and I decorated the house. We waited for a friend we met from the school to come over and the neighbors also came over. We hid behind the couch and yelled surprise when she came home. She was very happy to have some playmates over and loved sharing her new toys with them. She is absolutely one of the very best gift receivers I have ever seen. I love watching and listening to her open presents!
The fun didn't stop here. (She had reminded me that Clarissa technically had two birthdays. One surprise party in Columbia and then another special day on the actual birthdate in Hawaii.) And so she also wanted to have two birthdays : ) I fixed up her hair in a tiara and she put on one of the new dresses she picked up from Friday's shopping trip. The primary sang happy birthday to her and she was able to pick out a special candy treat from the presidency. She loved the special attention!
She is such a sweet little demon...I mean girl! We love her so much and have enjoyed watching her grow and learn. Our family just wouldn't be the same without her. It was a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment