Sunday, November 21, 2010

Laie Temple Open House


It was such a thrill for me to be able to take the kids into one of our temples! I don't know if we'll be able to have another opportunity like this again. The temple here has been closed down for a year now to remodel and update construction. They opened it up to the public to come visit the inside. Clarissa loved the bridal room. There were beautiful jewels outlining the mirrors, gorgeous chandeliers and intricate details on the carpet. I wasn't surprised at all that she loved it and wants to go there when she gets married. Adam really liked the celestial room. He said he could understand why it would be so peaceful there. I have often shared that I like to just sit in there and just think and pray. It's very relaxing and inspiring. Molly enjoyed the baptismal font because of the oxen statues around the botoom. Also not a surprise since she loves animals so much : ) It was so wonderful to share this part of my life with them. I was going every month in South Carolina and now they are able to make a realy connection to what I am doing whenever I say I am going to the temple. The rededication is tomorrow morning. Adam and I are able to go but the girls will need to stay home with Todd. I gave him the choice to stay home or go with me and I have to admit, I'm so glad that he decided to come along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How awesome. The kids will always remember that!