Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Clarissa on Christmas Morning

For the second year in a row Clarissa asked that Santa bring her make-up. Mom and Dad decided to add a vanity to the mix. I cleaned out the play kitchen from the closet and put in the vanity and organized all of her new make-up. She spent the entire day giving us all make overs, Daddy included : ) However, we have since removed the vanity from her room. It is now in the master bathroom with my things. Simply because I got very tired of cleaning Molly's body with fingernail polish remover. It was becoming a daily chore. The bedroom stays locked up now and she can go there and play to her heart's content while Molly is napping or whenever she just feels like being alone. And since she usually has to share EVERYTHING with baby sister, she loves being able to claim something as her very own. Now if I can just get her to stop touching my things for goodness sakes!

1 comment:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

we have a similar problem with carolyn - her nail polish is high back on the bathroom counter with a childproof doorknob keeping the bathroom shut! (Carolyn says, "I want my own room so I can play by myself."...she should have been an only child)

the vanity is really cute (I still laugh when I think of Sister Mayo telling about her babysitting the kids that one night last year and finding Clarissa after bedtime getting all made up!) :)