Shortly after moving to Columbia I bought a membership to the zoo. I got the expanded one just so we could have unlimited visits to their special Christmas lights spectacular. Christmas had come and gone and we still hadn't visited the zoo. Finally, before the show was going to end I dragged the entire family out to see the lights. Adam complained the entire drive there, all 30 minutes. "I hate the zoo!" Todd was less than thrilled but doggone it, this is why I bought the membership. Needless to say it was really beautiful. Adam could hardly contain himself as he ran through the pathways. There were even a couple of spots where they had these bubble machines that made frothy bubbles that looked like snow. Molly thought that was just fascinating. I remembered then that the last time she saw snow she was only a few months old. I got my use out of the membership. I don't know if I'll bother again this year. Maybe I'll get a membership to the children's musuem. They don't complain about going there.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Riverbanks Zoo Christmas Lights
Shortly after moving to Columbia I bought a membership to the zoo. I got the expanded one just so we could have unlimited visits to their special Christmas lights spectacular. Christmas had come and gone and we still hadn't visited the zoo. Finally, before the show was going to end I dragged the entire family out to see the lights. Adam complained the entire drive there, all 30 minutes. "I hate the zoo!" Todd was less than thrilled but doggone it, this is why I bought the membership. Needless to say it was really beautiful. Adam could hardly contain himself as he ran through the pathways. There were even a couple of spots where they had these bubble machines that made frothy bubbles that looked like snow. Molly thought that was just fascinating. I remembered then that the last time she saw snow she was only a few months old. I got my use out of the membership. I don't know if I'll bother again this year. Maybe I'll get a membership to the children's musuem. They don't complain about going there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment