Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break

We had a great spring break. We didn't go anywhere special or make any particular plans but it was a great week nonetheless. Todd had to go into work for about an hour on Monday but other than that we had the entire family together the whole week.

Monday the kids and I did our grocery shopping. (Which I was reminded that I hate to shop with all three kids.)

Tuesday we went to watch "Monsters vs Aliens" at the movie theatre. It's a cute movie. We didn't see it in 3D and I'm so glad. I hate 3D movies. Why do you keep making them Disney?!

Wednesday we went to Frankie's Fun Park. Adam went to the batting cage while the girls and I went down the giant slides. Afterwards they went into the huge play area that puts the McDonald's Play Place to shame. Before leaving Todd played a couple of video games with the kids. During that time I chased after Molly. She kept insisting on playing Dance Dance Revolution with someone. He was less than thrilled.


Thursday we went to the swimming pool at the YMCA. Molly absolutely loved it. Now when I take her to the Y she asks to go swimming. I'm sure I'll have to do that again soon for her. Later that evening Adam had baseball practice.


Friday we went to the zoo and hiked along the river trail they have that leads into the gardens. We discussed some of the scouting requirements we were fulfilling at the same time : ) It was a beautiful day. Clarissa found some caterpillars. She tried to keep one. She even named it Rosa Bell because she had to leave it behind in the rose garden and asks when we can go back to visit it. She has a field trip to the zoo this Friday. I suppose she can try to find her then : /



Saturday was the fun Easter Activity with our church friends. And then I did some last minute Easter shopping with the girls. I just wasn't happy with the dress Clarissa had for the occasion. Easter is actually one of the few memories I have growing up and I loved having the special dresses with the gloves and bonnett, the whole bit.

Sunday the kids complained about having to go back to school and fussed until after 9pm. Adam wasn't asleep yet when I went to bed at 10pm. But overall, we had a really nice and relaxing time. We're counting down to summer already!

No comments: