It was another great year for trick or treat. I wasn't sure if I was going to allow it though. Adam has a serious issue with candy. It's a disease. And I'm not joking. After our trunk or treat I allowed the kids to keep their bag of candy in hopes it would be gone quickly. Adam had it gone in two days. Molly took a couple more days. Clarissa never really finished hers. But it came with a penalty. They couldn't get to sleep very well at night. They couldn't stay very focused at school. And there were some emotional meltdowns. After Halloween night, though, I decided to keep the bags hid. First I threw away the stuff I didn't want them to eat. Then I took out a few of my personal favorites. The rest I have been rotating around the house just so no one finds it. And I know Adam is searching for them every chance he gets. If they behave well during the day then they may have a piece or two after dinner. There is a tradition I heard of recently. Apparently there is a mom out here who after trick or treat gives each of her a children a sandwich bag. They are to fill that bag with whatever candy they want. The rest of the candy is placed into a bowl and offered to the Great Pumpkin. I wish I would have been that clever from the very beginning. It might just be our new tradition for next year. We haven't had any junk food in our house for several months. It makes me sad to have it around again. But enough of the candy. The dressing up part was so much fun. The girls were amazing if I say so myself. It was all inspired by Clarissa. She said she wanted to have her face painted green for her witch costume. And that led to painting Molly's face for her kitty costume. I asked Adam if he wanted me to paint his helmet design on his costume for the church activity night but he declined. His loss : ) I still have a lot of practice yet to do but I kind of hope they want to do something like this again next year. Yeah, it's time consuming. But this is the stuff I really enjoy doing for them. They actually appreciate it and have fun with it. Watch out Olivia! You have some competition. (That's for you Jerseylicious fans out there : )
Oh, and wasn't the dog adorable too!!

No comments:
Post a Comment