Monday, January 30, 2012

I think I'm crazy!

The girls have been in gymnastics for quite a few months. They both really enjoy it a lot. And I really like the facility. They train kids for the Olympics here and help them understand what to expect in competitions. I had Clarissa go to help give her an edge for cheerleading. That is what she really loves the most. So when registration for cheerleading came up I had her on a squad right away. Molly really goes just because Clarissa does. And although it works really well for gymnastics, it doesn't fair too well with cheerleading. They are on the same squad to make it easier for me but truth be told, she doesn't really like it. And then Adam wanted to try basketball. I thought sure why not? The cheerleaders go to their games to cheer, with any luck they'd all be at the same place at the same time. Which of course would be true if they were all in the same age brackett. But nooooo.....they are not. And so the girls practice 5:30-6:30 at one facility and Adam practices 6:00-7:00 at another. The first game Adam began at 9:30 at one gym and the girls had to be at another by 10:30. The next game is at the same time at two different places. Luckily there are other parents that can help me out if Todd is unable to be around. But still, what was I thinking?! I must have been crazy! Yet as I watch them play/cheer and see them interact with other kids their age it doesn't seem so bad. I want them to have fun and I want them to learn new skills. It's good to be a part of a team.

No comments: