Monday, January 30, 2012
Christmas Memories
It was another warm Christmas in Hawaii for 2011. Only we were in our house at Ft. Shafter. I don't think I was able to really share my feelings about moving to our house on post yet. We missed the holiday lights of Waipahu. Those people really know how to celebrate! But we did enjoy the relaxing, small town feel of our new neighborhood. Christmas fell on a Sunday this year so it was a little trickier. Adam was still baffled as to why we had to go to church on Sunday when it was Christmas. (I've definitely did something wrong when training this boy.) We were scheduled to meet for the first hour only so it wasn't really that bad. We had a lot of fun sitting around the tree; opening our gifts. The kids were very happy with what Santa brought them: Adam received some legos, Clarissa a bike, and Molly a talking My little Pony. They were also happy with what we and the rest of the family got them. They played the entire day. And since I did the closet cleaning the day before we had plenty of room to put our new items neatly away. We never did make it out to the North Shore to sit with the giant sea turtles this year. Having four children does drain your motivation a little bit. That would be my only regret. But I suppose if I can get out there sometime before the winter ends I will be alright. Yet I felt right to just stay right at home. It was calm, it was peaceful, and it was restful. Just how a Sabbath day should be. Especially one that was intended for us to ponder the birth of the Savior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment