Oh what I would give to go back one year and hold that tiny infant (albeit 9lb) in my arms again. I so love the infant stage and everything about it. I love how quiet they are. I love how they mold into my arms. I love cuddling them. I still remember worrying about baby Jonah whenever we doing anything. He was such a quiet baby. I'd be in the middle of helping one of the kids with a chore or homework and panic "Where's Jonah?" Or we'd pull out of the driveway for baseball practice and I'd start to drive away when I'd yell "Is Jonah back there?!" The kids thought I was crazy but that's just because they have no idea what all I have to think about in a regular basis and just how much an infant can mess with your brain. Oh but I miss it so much!
He is so lovely now too. He started to walk the week of Christmas. He was just brave enough to take a few steps from one couch to the other. By the end of the month he was walking all over the house. He has a fun routine...fun for him anyhow. He walks to the entertainment center and pulls out all the video games, next is a trip to the recycling center and he takes out all the bottles and boxes, after that he goes through several cupboards in the kitchen to empty out whatever he finds. If I haven't closed the door to the laundry room then he goes to the dog dish and splashes the water and dumps out the food. If the door is closed then he looks for an open door to the bathroom where it is necessary to unroll all the toilet paper and dump the baskets with the girls hair accessories. Once that is completed he climbs up the stairs, goes into the toy closet, and begins to throw several toys down the steps. By then he's good and ready for a nap. Oh and did I mention there is basket full of toys sitting in the very room where all of this began. I'm just very grateful the kids are willing to help me pick up his mess. It surprises me but they don't even complain. They must really love him a lot!
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment