We were really bummed that the Koblers couldn't make it to Myrtle Beach this past spring and just couldn't bear the thought of not seeing them this year. Being in Ohio was really only half way there so we took the time to drive out there and it was so worth it. We left on the 22nd and met with them for dinner. After the initial shock of how much the kids have grown, we made our plans and I took my little family to the Ft. Drum Inn. The next day we first met up with my great friend Melinda. It was so much fun meeting with her and going to lunch. The kids were less than well behaved but after going to her house to run around for awhile with her boys they were fine again. By that time Kim was home from work and we went straight to her house. The kids went right back into hangout mode as if we have never moved away. I loved it! They had planned a perfect birthday party for Nick that night. (His birthday is actually in August but he wanted to have a party while Adam was in town, isn't that great?!) We went to an indoor play place where they played laser tag, video games, and jumped around. Then we went back to his house for more play. It was a lot of fun staying up way too late just to hang out. In fact, we were able to surprise Steve and Marty, the other neighbors while visiting. The kids loved seeing Sammie the big, wonderful dog again. It was also at this time I learned that there are fireflies in New York. I realized that while living there I had always got the kids to bed around 8pm so we were never out late enough to see them flying around. It was one of Clarissa's pastimes.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment