Sunday, September 13, 2009

What Am I Thinking!!

Click to play this Smilebox postcard: My Roles
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

Of course I've been the Mom now for 9 years. But now it seems more like a job needed for a superhero. One that I'm definitely not. My voice has been at unnatural volumes for most of this morning alone. My goal is to make it through our various activities while maintaining a loving home. (If you could only hear me snickering right now.) Anyhow, things sort of snowballed on me. I've been working on the fitness instruction since the beginning of the year and it is just now materializing. I now teach one step class every Friday morning. I've also been called in as a substitute a couple of times. I really like it. It also gives me discounts at the YMCA. It took the cost for me off the family membership fee. We also get a 20% discount off of Molly's preschool program. Molly is able to go into the childwatch room during the class so it's free babysitting! So how cool is that? The class is a bit late in the morning so she and I will go to the pool for awhile so it becomes fun time too. Then I was called into the Bishop's office and asked to be the Cub Master for our ward. I have one year of cub scouting experience so I'm a little nervous. Our first meeting went really well. I made it a pack meeting so the whole family came and had fun. This week I'm extremely nervous because we don't have leaders for the individual dens yet. So I may be planning classes for all three gruops. (There are people who are going to help me though if that's the case.) Then, I was planning to do a little something with Molly one day a week with our Joy School lessons when I was asked to participate with some of my friends here in town. So every Monday is Joy School day. It starts tomorrow : / But here's the funniest role of all: Soccer coach! I've never played soccer ever in my life. First all the parents received an email saying that our team didn't have a coach. I replied saying that I've never played and don't know how to play but I'm a parent that can be put to work when I'm there. That somehow translated into Head Coach. Next thing I know I'm reading emails that sounds like coaches talking back and forth. I ignore it until I receive an email from another parent that says he's the other asst. coach. So I call the director and ask if I was listed as the coach. And well, here I am coaching Clarissa's soccer team. (Youtube really is a marvelous thing. I learned how to dribble a soccer ball, how to throw it in, how to stop a ball and the director did give me a very successful game to play during practices. Thank you Youtube!)

2 comments:

TotallyContent said...

Soccer Coach!? That is too funny. Have fun Supermom. ;)

corn fed girl said...

yep, you are a mom! Cub scouts...coaching. How far we have fallen! You look great in coach mode w/ a kid on your hip!