
Clarissa started asking last spring that she wanted to play soccer. I don't really see her as a team sport player so I would say okay and didn't really think much about it. However, all summer long she reminded me that she wanted to play soccer. The YMCA does have a program that doesn't cost very much at all and I figured do it now in the fall before Spring Baseball starts up and sure, we'll give it try. She had a great time at the practice. It was in the evening and it was cool outside. The first game was a different situation. It was the middle of the day, hot and bright and she just doesn't like to get hot. She would keep messing with her shin guards so I had to sit her out. She wanted to go off and play in the nearby wooded area instead of play in the game. I did put her back in during the last 6 minutes and she actually does show some promise. She understands which direction to run. She doesn't use her hands. And she has good kicking technique. (Thank you youtube!) I don't know if this is something she'll want to continue but for now it is fun to watch her learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment