Saturday, September 11, 2010
The Grand Canyon
I had asked to stop and see the Grand Canyon before we moved on to California. I absoultely loved it! I could have stayed and hiked all day. It is so breathtaking! I can't wait to go back with my Dad so we can hike through the canyon. I'd take Todd but well, he's extremely fearful of heights. He did really well in the morning. Although at one point I had to explain to the kids to ignore their father's tone of voice because what they were hearing was his anxiety. He was close to not making it fun for anyone. So then they did what they could to help him feel better still have fun. In the afternoon we tried some of the unpaved trails and it didn't go so well. He just couldn't take it for very long. But he hung in there for a lot longer than I thought he would. It is a fun place and there are a lot of things for the kids to enjoy. It was definitely worth the stop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment